Please note: Minimum of 4-5 years of prior experience at PR agency or in-house PR team of B2B tech is required – we will not respond to other candidates. Scratch Marketing + Media is a fast-paced, integrated, PR, marketing and design agency
focusing on technology, digital media and innovative products and services in the B2B space. We have a tremendous variety of projects for dynamic start-ups through growth-oriented mid- size technology companies to industry-leading Fortune 500 corporations. By joining us you will be able to apply and continue to build your PR skillset with leading edge offerings and also learn the world of integrated marketing communications.
The PR Account Manager / Director (depending on experience) is a leader within the agency, providing direction and oversight on client accounts and to the account team. We are looking for an experienced and highly driven professional capable of leading and implementing a wide range of PR programs. We need a teacher and a learner – a mentor and trainer to the junior staff with an open mind and a desire for constant learning.
We want a team member who thrives in a very dynamic environment, is able to work independently as well as collaboratively, and displays passion for their work. We are holding out for a creative, up-beat, solution-driven teammate to join us.
The Account Manager/Director position is a key, mid-level position requiring a highly-organized individual who has proven experience taking ownership of and managing multiple clients and agency staff. This person will demonstrate a track record of strategic thinking, plan development and execution of client programs.
Responsibilities include client planning and daily oversight, sign-off on all client materials, PR plan development, understanding the client’s market and position with respect to key competitors. This position also requires media outreach to top tier outlets and assisting with new business development and pitches. The successful candidate will have a strong media and blogger relations background in business-to-business technology public relations, including traditional, digital and social media.
The ideal candidate will be a strong writer. We are looking for a team member who is technologically savvy, a fast learner, enjoys the thrill of PR, capable of landing great coverage, and can maximize every opportunity to positively influence the image of our clients.
- Solid writing skills with experience in all forms of corporate and executive communications, from news releases to executive talking points.
- 4+ years’ experience implementing public relations and marketing programs in an agency environment.
- Prior people-management experience of at least 1-year also required.
- Broad understanding of B2B marketing and PR
- A passion for constant learning and deepening understanding of industries and technologies
- Ability to take strategic plans and translate into actionable, tactical PR programs.
- Great interpersonal skills: can work effectively in a team environment and maintain composure and quality of work while under deadline.
- Must have a solid understanding of the AP Style Guide and demonstrated the ability to adhere to PR best practices.
What we offer
- A unique learning environment with direct day-to-day interaction with senior leadership and executive and senior level client contacts
- Opportunity to advance and broaden your skillset across PR, integrated marketing and sales communications campaigns and formal training programs
- Compensation commensurate with experience and an unsurpassed bonus plan
- Comprehensive benefits plans
- Flexible work options