A blog is a great way for companies to expand on their brand’s voice throughout the Internet. People consume media differently across many unique channels (social media, news sites, blogs, etc.), so launching a blog and developing an effective editorial calendar presents an opportunity to reach another audience of readers. Plus, incorporating elements of SEO in each blog posting can help the website obtain ranking for certain keywords.
Here are more reasons on how blogging can benefit your brand:
1. Brand Building
- Gives company a voice and personality.
- Raises brand awareness.
- Positions you as an expert in your industry.
- Increase communication in an informal way with customers.
- A great outlet to collect consumer ideas for your brand.
- Target certain keywords in each post, especially those underrepresented on your site.
3. Press Release Supplement
- Quicker status updates of company news.
- Opportunity for massive reach if picked up by aggregation services.
- Invite guest bloggers who are connected to your industry or customer base to post their own content.
- Blog-only promotions or opt in content can expose new leads.
6. Crisis Management
- Company responses through blogs are often quoted by mainstream sources because there is a source of authenticity.
- A blog is an ideal outlet to explain the facts in a case.
How Prevalent is it?
Hubspot research shows that sites with blogs get 55% more traffic than sites without blogs — even if there are no readers. This is because search engines recognize a website with fresh content and place it higher in search results.
What Major Companies are doing it well?
- Disney Theme Parks- Takes fans behind the scenes – show dedication and inspiration.
- BBC: The Editors Process- Allows editors to speak about their dilemmas and host a place for opinion.
- GM Fast Lane Blog – Stays on topic and gives insights for everyone interested in cars.
- Flickr- Highlight the community and feature their work/projects.
- Southwest Airlines – Enhance Corp. image and integrates with traditional media.
- Scratch Marketing and Media – Had to throw it in there
What companies do you think are blogging well? Have you found another benefit of blogging that we missed? Are you having trouble with your blog? Let us know!
I came to my own conclusions with help of these great sources. Check them out if you want to learn more: